PC2R power supply help!!

Reaction score
Hello all,

so I have a little issue which I'm hoping some one can steer me into the right direction.

I have not played my keyboards in a long while and when I went to unpack my rack stuff I noticed I have lost my power supply for the Kurzweil PC2r.....well the back has one of them special connectors and I am having a hard time trying to locate one....

I have noticed that there is a Power supply on ebay that has what looks like the 4 pin connector and it is 9V and was wondering if I can use that in its place...I believe they call it a 4 pin din power supply...

Any help would be so much appreciated....

Thanks

Ciano

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
DO NOT!! Repeat!!! DO NOT!!! Plug a random third party power supply into the Kurzweil if it is not specifically designed for it!!!

Manufacturers play around with all sorts of proprietary connections and pin layouts that generally speaking are not compatible with one another.

Email Jean (e-mail address removed) and try and order a replacement supply. If one is not available, at least try to get the schematic for the pinout and voltage and amperage and regulation specifications for the supply so that one can be assembled from off the shelf parts.

It's probably regulated and voltages are probably +/-5 and +12 Volts regulated at least 1 Amp if not 2. And I am only guessing here. Find out the exact numbers from Kurzweil directly.

Replacing it with anything out of spec would probably completely fry the unit.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Update: I found a replacement, it will arrive today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It is the Kurzweil Part # so we will see......

It will be good to see her fire up again!

Reaction score
So the replacement turned out to be wrong! But I found a used one on craigslist and I am back up and running...

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question