SP4 Help! Timbre Knob Values Keep Changing

Reaction score
My SP4 Timbre Knob is stationary but the values keep creeping up to 127 no matter what I set it to. I've backed up all data and did a full Global Factory Hard Reset with no impact. It is causing huge morphing to my patches. Anyone else have this issue and able to get it fixed? It's been to the shop twice :-( I have e other brands of high end boards and still come back to this one as my favorite.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Laura,

It sounds to me like the Timbre Potentiometer needs to be replaced. Dunno what your service guys did for you but they may have replaced the part with a cheaper part if they replaced it at all and didn't just give it a spray of cleaning fluid.

At any rate, you could email Jean over at (e-mail address removed) or ask your question over at http://forums.godlike.com.au/ the definitive Kurzweil Forum.

Other than that I'm fresh out of ideas.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I have a different model Kurz than you but there are controllers that you can disable on mine with the internal setup. For example, if my pitch bend were faulty I could disable it in the internal setup. If the SP4 works this way then you could do the same thing. However, this would make that controller completely useless since it would be disabled; it is a temporary workaround until it is repaired, unless you don't use that controller.

Ask a Question