Yamaha psr e343 keys not working

Les

Reaction score
Hi, the G4 to C5 keys have stopped working, any ideas on fixing them?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think there are videos on YouTube that show people taking apart keyboards (Yamaha, Casio, etc.) to fix keys that have stopped working. Even if they aren't of the PSR-E343, they might still be relevant to some extent.

You can also find Service Manuals for some of the PSR-E3xx models at ElektroTanya.com-- they probably don't have the PSR-E343, but the manual for one of its predecessors should nevertheless be revelant. If you want the correct Service Manual, you could try Yamaha24x7.com-- they sell replacement parts and replacement manuals.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
It's kind of weird that just 4 consecutive keys have stopped. Just G A B and C. ? What about the black keys either side of the whites? Do they work?

It seems like something (foreign object) has got into that section lodged under the keys. I am no techo wiz like rat and goat here but what I would do first off is physically look under those keys for some kind of dirt or alien object. Get out the vacumn cleaner and give that area a thorough SUCK.

You never know it might work.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
I have a PSR 550 which is never in AC. During rainy season, keys quit working. A local TV repairman (here in Costa Rica) puts some kind of carbon paste on them to fix them. Sometimes I can just put my keyboard outside in the sun for a couple hours & it is fixed.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Sometimes I can just put my keyboard outside in the sun for a couple hours & it is fixed.

Hmm, that makes me wonder if the problem is being caused by high humidity, and putting the keyboard in the sun helps to dry it out? Or maybe the heat from direct sunlight causes some of the parts to expand or contract so they work together without getting stuck or something? But I'm just making CWAGs (crazy wild-ass guesses), so don't mind me! :p

Still, high humidity can be a real problem for electronic instruments, so you might want to consider buying a dehumidifier if you're in an area with high humidity (which I assume is true of Costa Rica). Also, exposing an instrument to direct sunlight for extended periods of time usually isn't recommended either, so you should be careful doing that, since you wouldn't want any plastic or rubber parts to get too dried-out and brittle.

Ask a Question