Attaching wheels to a soft keyboard case

Reaction score
To reduce the weight of lugging my keyboard (Korg Pa3x) about, I just bought a soft bag and I’m wondering if it’s feasible to fit two small wheels. Has anyone successfully made this mod. to a soft case?

Reaction score
Easy... Instead of probably wrecking a new soft cover, get a simple collapsible 2 wheeled shopping trolley. Job sorted.
Safer, stronger and with proper wheels
There's plenty of them on Ebay and other similar sites for about £15 €12
2 Bungees and you're ready to go!

Reaction score
IMG_5569.jpeg

Return the one you bought and buy a soft case with wheels as per Korg’s own or similar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, like you Biggles IF I was transporting any keyboard I'd go for a hard case or somethong like the one you've shown.
Mine will always be on its stand, covered and at home.
But Giner has already bought a soft case without wheels.
I think trying to attach anything to it would be unsuccessful... Hence the trolley idea.
You sometimes even see these things in charity shops for very little money, and they have decent wheels unlike most of the purpose made hard cases.

Reaction score
Thank you all, gents. Until now I’ve been using an SKB wheeled case, but as I mentioned, the combined weight of the 3x olus the case has been getting a bit much lately. @Biggles, I do like the look of that Korg case - wasn’t even aware of that. Well worth a looking into.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have to use ATA Road cases. They are heavy as heck. Sometimes other people load my gear and they're not gentle. I put my stands in bags though. I can just barely move my own gear. I hope I can last a couple more years because I live to gig and gig to live. Tried to retire but can't.

Reaction score
So, I just got this from Amazon. Haven’t had it on the road yet, but it’s just right for my Pa3x and it’s a sgnificant weight reduction from my previous SKB - which was shortly for the knacker’s yard, anyway. Decent padding, retaining straps inside and it has wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0224.png
    IMG_0224.png
    291.9 KB · Views: 5

Ask a Question