Balanced outputs.

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this audio interface device or similar device that has balanced outputs from their keyboard to connect the phone to a phone app for recording?

"IK Multimedia iRig Pro Duo I/O 2-channel Audio/MIDI Interface for iOS, Android, and Mac/PC"

Will this interface allow me to communicate with my four-track recording app or any recorder for recording to my phone?
I have a "Y connector" that has a TRRS input to the phone and a mic connection and headphone connection. This will not work. I use the headphone connection from my keyboard for monitoring so I don't need the headphone from the "Y connector".

I believe the problem is because they are balanced outputs. Will this device send the audio signal to my phone for recording regardless of the balanced outputs?
I've tried my "Y connector" on other keyboards at the music store and it works fine but they are not balanced outputs.

Reaction score
I see in your signature that you use a Kurzweil PC4 - I do as well, on gigs.

I had it almost a year before I realized I could utilize both the "A" & "B" outputs on the PC4 at the same time to my advantage - by simply adjusting the Settings in the menu.

I now send the "A" L/R outputs from the PC4 (2 different cables, one for Left/one for Right) to my Motion Sound KP408S stereo keyboard amp.

Simultaneously, I do the same exact thing from from the "B" L/R outputs w/2 more cables. This is a completely separate signal that connects to 2 channels (for Left & Right) that I send to my Front of House mixer, sending the signal there so it can go out into the Mains for the audience.

Doing it this way gives me COMPLETELY SEPARATE volume control of my Motion Sound level - what I hear "on stage" (or in a corner of a dank/dark bar... lol) vs. what the crowd hears out front, through the PA - - AND the level of my keyboard in the stage monitors (for the rest of the band to hear) is then adjustable separately from what I'm hearing in the Motion Sound

I don't know if that plays into your scenario whatsoever - just wanted to mention it, cuz it's just such a cool feature of the Kurzweil PC4 - A & B outputs! ha ha

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this audio interface device or similar device that has balanced outputs from their keyboard to connect the phone to a phone app for recording?

"IK Multimedia iRig Pro Duo I/O 2-channel Audio/MIDI Interface for iOS, Android, and Mac/PC"

Will this interface allow me to communicate with my four-track recording app or any recorder for recording to my phone?
I have a "Y connector" that has a TRRS input to the phone and a mic connection and headphone connection. This will not work. I use the headphone connection from my keyboard for monitoring so I don't need the headphone from the "Y connector".

I believe the problem is because they are balanced outputs. Will this device send the audio signal to my phone for recording regardless of the balanced outputs?
I've tried my "Y connector" on other keyboards at the music store and it works fine but they are not balanced outputs.
there is nothing to do with balanced outputs to recording. it looks like stereo tip, but IT IS NOT. your phone has stereo output + mic input, so you just use regular 1/4 mono cables (L and R) to Y connector.

Ask a Question