Bass Guitar Amplifier - Bass Amp Recommendations

Reaction score
Fast and excellent suggestions. Thank you.

I'm tracking a local P U Rumble 60. Plenty of power and features. Fender is my most preferred brand for this safari.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are you looking to gig with this or is it only going to be used in the home or the studio?

If it's not leaving your living room then you'd be better off with a set of powered stereo monitors.

Presonus makes a reasonably priced series of Nearfield monitors ranging from 3.5" to 8" ported woofers.

Don't kid yourself about bass response. These do justice to the entire audo spectral range with the modern ported chambers generating massive bass response these days from miniature speakers.

If you ever really need to blow the windows out of your house you could always add a powered subwoofer to the mix, though my Eris E5 set is plenty beefy enough to get me evicted if I blast them at 3 AM. :)

Reaction score
Are you looking to gig with this or is it only going to be used in the home or the studio?

If it's not leaving your living room then you'd be better off with a set of powered stereo monitors.

Presonus makes a reasonably priced series of Nearfield monitors ranging from 3.5" to 8" ported woofers.

Don't kid yourself about bass response. These do justice to the entire audo spectral range with the modern ported chambers generating massive bass response these days from miniature speakers.

If you ever really need to blow the windows out of your house you could always add a powered subwoofer to the mix, though my Eris E5 set is plenty beefy enough to get me evicted if I blast them at 3 AM. :)
I'll see if my local market has that on hand.

If it evicts, it's a good fit.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, if you're shopping for used gear, there's a lot of options out there these days.

There's Twitface marketplace for most these days, but don't overlook the old standards as well.

There's Reverb.Com that's world wide. There's Craigslist which has local ads and domains for whatever country you're in.

Here in Canada there's a local analogue called Kijiji.ca which is enormously popular here.

And if you don't mind buying sight unseen, there's always a few bargains to be had on Ebay.

Personally I prefer to buy locally whenever I can, testing the merchandise in person before I lay out the cash, so I usually buy from Kijiji and Craigslist.

Reaction score
BTW, if you're shopping for used gear, there's a lot of options out there these days.

There's Twitface marketplace for most these days, but don't overlook the old standards as well.

There's Reverb.Com that's world wide. There's Craigslist which has local ads and domains for whatever country you're in.

Here in Canada there's a local analogue called Kijiji.ca which is enormously popular here.

And if you don't mind buying sight unseen, there's always a few bargains to be had on Ebay.

Personally I prefer to buy locally whenever I can, testing the merchandise in person before I lay out the cash, so I usually buy from Kijiji and Craigslist.
Ebay in US has been all but ruined by giant shipping charges and rising taffiffs on every transaction dollar.

I shop and post on CL as well but every recent purchase and sale has been Offer Up.

Here in SoCal USA, anyone music instruments willing to do Pick Up is using Offer Up, even if it's also on Reverb. The CL is loosing to both venues among music instruments.

I've decided a little driving is better than all the costs necessary on eBay and Reverb, shipping, taxes, fees.

Ask a Question