Casio CT-X3000 External Amp Volume Problem

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Casio CT-X300 and am running it through a Behringer XENYX 802 Mixing Desk to a Powered Speaker. Some of the sounds are not at the same volume as the sounds that sound good. Using a Jack to Jack Lead. Example 086 Full Drawbridge sounds great but 030 Dynamic Electric Piano sounds very wishy washy and nowhere near the same volume. Any answers are gratefully accepted.

Reaction score
"... to a Powered Speaker..."
So you are running one speaker, i.e. mono vs. Stereo (left and right speaker). You are either capturing only one side of the stereo field or you are collapsing both sides (left and right) into one speaker which is causing phase cancellation. Phase cancellation is an audio phenomenon that occurs when sound waves interfere with each other, eliminating certain frequencies. This can result in a dull or flat sound, and can make music sound weak, unclear, or even cause parts of the audio to disappear. This especially occurs in piano sounds that are sampled in stereo but played back NOT in stereo. Organs are mono instruments and samples are typically mono, so the same frequencies exist left and right, collapsing mono created samples have no impact where with stereo recorded instruments you get the phase cancellation.

Solution: two speakers, connect the left output to one and the right output to the other.

Reaction score
So you are running one speaker, i.e. mono vs. Stereo (left and right speaker). You are either capturing only one side of the stereo field or you are collapsing both sides (left and right) into one speaker which is causing phase cancellation. Phase cancellation is an audio phenomenon that occurs when sound waves interfere with each other, eliminating certain frequencies. This can result in a dull or flat sound, and can make music sound weak, unclear, or even cause parts of the audio to disappear. This especially occurs in piano sounds that are sampled in stereo. Organs are mono instruments and samples are typically mono, so the same frequencies exist left and right,collapsing mono created samples have no impact where with stereo recorded instruments you get the phase cancellation.

Solution: two speakers, connect the left output to one and the right output to the other.
Thank you. Would it help if I connected the single output lead into a single female into a double male combination extension lead?

Cosmos

Initial Gain 🎹
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Casio CT-X300 and am running it through a Behringer XENYX 802 Mixing Desk to a Powered Speaker. Some of the sounds are not at the same volume as the sounds that sound good. Using a Jack to Jack Lead. Example 086 Full Drawbridge sounds great but 030 Dynamic Electric Piano sounds very wishy washy and nowhere near the same volume. Any answers are gratefully accepted.
Check keyboard with headphones so you know if mixing desk and amp are ok.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Visit this thread around page 3 or 4 for the discussion on TRS and TS cables.

That's where the OP should be reading.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry. Didn't put in the link.

Here it is

Reaction score
Sorry. Didn't put in the link.

Here it is

Thanks

Reaction score
I use these for stage monitors.