Clavinova CLP320 - Sticking key.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Yamaha Clavinova CLP320

Just recently the B below middle C has started to stick down when pressed. It does come back up but usually not before I need to press the note again.

Just wondering what the usual remedy is for this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Annoyingly, I can’t seem to replicate the problem just by pressing the key. It comes straight back up as it should. The problem only presents when I’m mid-flow playing a piece…

Sod’s Law or maybe I’m just striking the key in a different way when playing?

Cosmos

Initial Gain 🎹
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Yamaha Clavinova CLP320

Just recently the B below middle C has started to stick down when pressed. It does come back up but usually not before I need to press the note again.

Just wondering what the usual remedy is for this.

Thanks
I used to do these. Usually it's because the grease lubricant applied to the joints in the mechanism gets dry and becomes sticky. You will have to remove the key-bed and that key, wipe off the dried grease and re-lubricate. There is a special type of (white coloured) grease that lubricates the plastic although if nylon is present, it is a self lubricant material. If you don't have or do not find try using petroleum jelly though in tropical countries this melts down and dries eventually much sooner.

Good luck...

Ask a Question