Current Roland DS ins file for Cakewalk Needed

Reaction score
I saw the file here from 2019. but it doesn't seem to have all the sounds that are in my Roland DS-61.

Also instrument names in the file don't seem to follow the order of the names in the instrument.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry man, I've sold mine off years ago after I wrote that.

I didn't include expansion pack names and you might have an earlier version.

This is the final version I have in storage.

Attachments

• Roland-Juno-DS-ins.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
That looks similar to what I saw in other one, the presets don't seemed to be numbered right according to whats in keyboard and in manual.
For example, the PRST list goes up to 1088

1722555181649.png

Cosmos

Initial Gain 🎹
Reaction score
I saw the file here from 2019. but it doesn't seem to have all the sounds that are in my Roland DS-61.

Also instrument names in the file don't seem to follow the order of the names in the instrument.
Can't you write it yourself?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
INS files are offered as is with an invitation to modify and distribute without penalty. You're on your own.. Good luck. I no longer own a DS.

Cosmos

Initial Gain 🎹
Reaction score

You can use same file just edit it to match your keyboard. You could use PC with Windows NotePad to edit the file. Just right-click the file and choose 'Open with Notepad'. After you edit it with your Presets save as Name.ins, for example 'Roland Juno DS.ins'.

If you want further help let me know...

Reaction score
I am attempting myself as that seems to be my only option.
There are two parts, the patch names numbered and the control section with memory addresses.
The second is not very clear to me.

Cosmos

Initial Gain 🎹
Reaction score
There are two parts, the patch names numbered and the control section with memory addresses.
Can you send them to me I have a look at them?

Cosmos

Initial Gain 🎹
Reaction score
Are these the patches that you want? See attached...
Do you need for Cakewalk by BandLab or Cubase?

Attachments

• Roland Juno DS61 Patch List.pdf
    43.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Roland Juno DS61.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Are these the patches that you want? See attached...
Do you need for Cakewalk by BandLab or Cubase?
This is what I came up with , the last section in the file is a little confusing but I think this works with cakewalk by bandlabs the way I want with the sounds in my DS.

Attachments

• Roland-Juno-DS.txt
    35.1 KB · Views: 3

Cosmos

Initial Gain 🎹
Reaction score
This is what I came up with , the last section in the file is a little confusing but I think this works with cakewalk by bandlabs the way I want with the sounds in my DS.
Looks like you are on the right track although I do not know your keyboard and don't usually use Cakewalk. Cubase is much easier to do and the patch/sounds selection is better as you can scroll through sounds just by the cursor keys not needing to select banks. It depends on your needs. For me now I'm using VST Live.

Reaction score
I have thought about that for live and wondered how complicated it would be, would like to see your set up and how you use that. Send me a pm, if you want to on that. Thanks.

Ask a Question