DGX 670 -> Waveform DAW

Reaction score
I'm just now starting to experiment with a DAW, Waveform 12. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts/experience with this DAW, or others for that matter. This looks like it has a large learning curve.

What I've seen at this point:

I have a 10 track midi that I downloaded from the DGX 670. This song (Claire de Lune) has multiple tempos, and different time signatures through the song.

First thing I saw was that when I imported the midi, if I import the tempo changes, it does not bring then in correctly. Nor does it bring in the time signature. So I tried again after setting tempo and time signature as per the recording, and that didn't help.

The other thing I see is that it does not set up the representative instruments. The name of each track contains the instruments I recorded with. So I have learned that I need to set up and use instruments from plugins.

So important question regarding instruments: Let's say I make just a couple changes, and export it. Will the midi still have the instruments that were there when I imported it, and the DGX 670 recognize that?

I have no idea how much trouble I'll get into with modifying the song. My main reason to bring it into a DAW is that I want to adjust volumes during the play. And of course, to start learning the use of a DAW.

What's your thoughts/suggestions?

Reaction score
I just found the forum I should post this on. Thought maybe I could move it, or delete it here. Seems that's not the case. I'll repost over on Sequencers and Music software. I thought maybe my questions would be specific to Yamaha, I'll find out over there.

Reaction score
Why don’t you take inquiry directly to Yamaha? They have technical expertise from engineers who developed the programs.

Ask a Question