Fixing two keys on a Studiologic Acuna 88

Reaction score
I opened up one of my Studiologic Acuna 88 which has two problems:
- 1 key does not work at all
- 1 key always gives maximum velocity sensitivity

After opening up, I have two problems:
- I got to the keybed, but I cannot get it opened up further to reach individual keys. How can I open it up ?
- The two ribbon cables at the top center got loose, and I don't see a place where they can be attached to (it's probably clear when I open up the keybed but maybe not). Can I reattach it after I'm able to open up the keybed?

Thanks in advance,

Michel

Reaction score
Update: (there is no edit button):

I managed to open the keys, however, the main problem is now that I cannot reattach the ribbon cables.

Below I added some pictures.
Picture a0: the blue end is the loosened ribbon cable.
Pictures a1, a2 and a3 I marked with the red circles where they should be attached. The ribbon can be inserted via the back but there is just enough space to lead them to the front (visible in the pictures) and from the front the hammers (white vertical items) are in the way.

Does anybody know if and how to do this?

Kind regards,

Michel

Attachments

• a0.jpg
    a0.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Normally, the first thing I try to do is locate a free Service Manual online but it doesn't look like they are available, free or otherwise.
I'm not familiar with working on Studiologic keyboards but I would suggest trying to find if another model uses the same keybed then see if yo can locate a service manual for it. It should detail how to remove individual keys in order to access the ribbon strip socket. Failing that, contact their customer, preferably technical support for information.

Reaction score
Normally, the first thing I try to do is locate a free Service Manual online but it doesn't look like they are available, free or otherwise.
I'm not familiar with working on Studiologic keyboards but I would suggest trying to find if another model uses the same keybed then see if yo can locate a service manual for it. It should detail how to remove individual keys in order to access the ribbon strip socket. Failing that, contact their customer, preferably technical support for information.
Thank you very much for this answer. And it's indeed a good idea, the Fatar keybed is high likely used in other models as well.

Ask a Question