Hello World

Reaction score
Hi folks. I just joined this forum.

I love a variety of music. Mostly late 1960s and 1970s fusion (especially trumpeter Miles Davis, who was a piano enthusiast and doubled on organ keyboard in his final ten years), jazz rock, cool jazz, and lady vocals pop.

I love simple, memorable melodies (A Love Supreme) and thumping rhythms played loudly (Rite of Spring 1st movement). I'm intrigued with the power of a scale to evoke tonality; I am also skeptical that this is a natural state and not ingrained. I want flashing lights, cables, and a big amp.

I want to play a keyboard loudly.

I recently bought a vintage CASIO WK-200. Complete set up with sustain pedal, X stand, and AC. Near fine condition. Very happy with it.

Now I am learning basics. Was a trumpeter cornetist but just not feeling brass anymore.

Once my trumpet gets sold, I'm buying a used 50 watt amp and a brand new 1/4 inch guitar cord. Those crude renditions of Mary Had and Frerers Jacques are me.

It's a new phase in my home hobbyist musical ventures. Keyboard. Electric. Loud.

Ask a Question