How do I amplify my JUNO-DS?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’ve recently been asked to join a large band, which includes a choir and various instruments such as the cello, double bass, guitar, and flute. I will be playing my own keyboard, a Roland JUNO-DS76, however I’ve never purchased an amplifier before. I for sure know that the required volume isn’t particularly high, and I believe a stereo setup won't be necessary. My main concern is portability, as I will need to transport it by hand along with the keyboard. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
An idea of budget and venue size and capacity would help.

How are the rest of the band served by way of amplification?

A small portable lightweight amp yet one with 50W output that may work for you is a Vox VX50 KB and these cost about £250.

Alternatively another lightweight ish unit is a Bose L1 Pro but such a system is £1800.

There are dozens of options within these two models.

Reaction score
Right, sorry for not mentioning earlier. The band won't be amplified, and venues are not small but usually have decent acoustics (churches, theatres), so that's why I mentioned not needing incredibly high power. Budget's a little limited :p but I can stretch it to 300. I'll check the VOX out.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In a pinch, scan the local classifieds for a used Bass Amp. They can also accommodate the frequency range a keyboard amp can.

It opens up a whole new market if shopping on a budget.

There's a lot more people out selling off bass amps used than keyboard amps.

Reaction score
Fender Rumble 40 £280 new and 18lbs in weight but these are built like a tank.

These are great amps, I used to have a Rumble 100 and did use it on my keyboard.

The Vox Vx50 KB is only 9lbs in weight and a lot lighter in construction

Ask a Question