Kurzweil pc361 switched left and right outputs

Reaction score
Something happened to the piano and I think the two outputs left and right are switched, now the left one is right only and the right is mono, how can I switch it back?

Reaction score
Never heard of such a thing and not sure how you can even do that.
Try a hard reset, if that doesnt fix it then reload the entire operating system. Be sure to save off your user data first. After doing either one of these processes try listening to a standard program through headphones and see if the issue is fixed before loading any user data. If fixed then load your used data. If user data sounds funny then it is something in your user data causing the issue.

Im also assuming that youre not plugging your pc3 into any external software or other desktop utilities; if so then that could be the cause of your issues.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are you certain there are no reversals in your signal path?

Mixers, FX pedals or monitors?

Reaction score
The way Im testing it is Im using headphones and plugging them into the left or right output. When I got it I remember that the left output was mono and I think that the right was only right.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Try a test directly plugged into an amp before you pass judgement.

Also see if there's an internal pan adjustment in the Kurzweil to further test and confirm or deny whether or not you are hearing what you think you are hearing.

Also, are the headphones marked R&L? Cable usually comes in on left earpiece.

Reaction score
The way Im testing it is Im using headphones and plugging them into the left or right output. When I got it I remember that the left output was mono and I think that the right was only right.

Your testing theory is flawed. The headphones use the TIP/RING/SLEEVE (TRS) plug to segregate left from right; tip and sleeve providing the left sound output and ring and sleeve providing the right sound output on the headphones. The audio outputs on the PC3 are TRS and can provide a balanced output; it also supplies an unbalanced output if a TS cable is inserted rather than a TRS cable. Therefore the proper segmentation of left/right cannot be achieved by inserting headphones into an audio output jack. The only way to make the correct determination of left/right using headphones is to plug the headphones into the headphone jack. The audio jacks need to be plugged into a stereo amplifier and properly testing left/right audio separation that way. I can understand the left/right being "switched" if the audio cables get accidentally switched, but from your description of left being right and right being mono, i know of no way of being able to make that happen on the PC3, and i have owned one for 13 years.

The only potential way would be at the sample wave level of a program where someone combined a stereo sample with a mono sample in a program, pushing the right sample to the left output and oniy send the mono sample to the right output. Still not sure how technically this can be done.

Ask a Question