Lower hammond manual xkl-3

Reaction score
Hello Forum friends. I have a hammond xk-3c and lower manual xkl-3. I recently moved the double manual to a different location. For some reason the lower manual does not make any sound. The lower manual power light is comes on as it should. I've reset factory default on xk-3c. I've looked into menu and found lower keyboard and it said lower manual mute. I changed it to normal. But it just blinks. Is there something I can do through menu to get lower manual functioning again?

Reaction score
Hello Forum friends. I have a hammond xk-3c and lower manual xkl-3. I recently moved the double manual to a different location. For some reason the lower manual does not make any sound. The lower manual power light is comes on as it should. I've reset factory default on xk-3c. I've looked into menu and found lower keyboard and it said lower manual mute. I changed it to normal. But it just blinks. Is there something I can do through menu to get lower manual functioning again?
I do stupid shxt when i'm setting up for shows all the time. I pretty much gig every week and there is always something that is not working. Did you by chance connect the lower manual midi connector to the pedal input jack on the xk3c rather than the lower input midi-in jack? If so the lower manual will respond to the pedal drawbars rather than the lower drawbars since the xk3c thinks you have pedals connected to it rather than the lower manual. Is there anything that you need to do on the xk3c to "activate" the lower manual or is just plug in and play and is it supposed to work immediately without any further settings to turn on or adjust? Do you have the split button turned on? Is the lower keyboard somehow set to function as controlling a midi module rather than the lower manual? This would mean the lower manual is not sending ch 2 midi data that the xk3c is expecting to see.

Also, try another keyboard, i.e. plug in a midi keyboard into the lower manual midi in, set that keyboard to send on midi channel 2, it should work as the lower manual if you pull the lower drawbars on the xk3c.

One other thought, the lower drawbars on the xk3c can be programmed to be a 2nd set of upper drawbars rather than lower drawbars. Be sure this hasnt somehow happened. My guess is the first item i mentioned is the likely cause i.e. the lower manual is incorrectly plugged into the wrong midi jack on the xk3c.

Ask a Question