Most durable momentary footswitch for rotary speed?

Reaction score
Hey all! I’m looking for everyone’s favorite and most durable footswitch they use for rotary speed switching in their boards!

I have a Nord Electro 6D and I usually just use a sustain pedal (because I mainly play organ, but on the rare occasion I play piano based stuff, I can just use it as a sustain pedal as it’s intended since I have it on hand) but they always eventually crap out on me. I’m careful with my stuff, but I gig fairly often. So I’m wondering what else is out there that’s more durable and rugged. And I’d love a 1/4” input on it so I can detach the cable. And something with a big area for the actual switch itself so it’s easy to identify and feel under my feet. And preferably something that isn’t an hard clicking switch. Also, not trying to spend $200+ on a half moon switch or anything haha any recommends?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a few of the Boss FS-5 series. Not cheap, but I think the quality is pretty good. It comes in a rugged metal case, and heavy enough that it doesn't slide around too much. The contact action is very positive. It comes as both latching and non-latching, depending on your needs.

Reaction score
I have a few of the Boss FS-5 series. Not cheap, but I think the quality is pretty good. It comes in a rugged metal case, and heavy enough that it doesn't slide around too much. The contact action is very positive. It comes as both latching and non-latching, depending on your needs.

I saw those! Seems like a good option for sure. I’m gonna look into those

Reaction score
+1 on the Boss FS-5U.

I just got one, and so far it's working out great. As mentioned in all the reviews, it's built like a tank and will likely last for a long, long time. The "official" HAMMOND logo'd footswitch I had crapped out on me in practice recently, and was only 2 years old; and if I recall, I think the Boss switch actually cost me less.

It has the 1/4" input on it, just as you wanted, and skip any make of "moon switches" -- keep your hands on the keys where they belong. ;)

Old No7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboard player

Latest Threads