NAMM Winter 2021 - New From Kurzweil

Reaction score
Lots of chatter here:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
When it comes to the K2700 I'm seeing a lot of flashy CGI videos but nobody actually laying hands on a production model or even a prototype? Is this some weirdly promised unicorn that goes into production 10 months from now?

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That arranger sounds awfully close to a Medeli model I forgot. arent the Kurzweil arrangers just rebranded Medeli like the Roland E-X20?

I believe they do share the same electronics and form factors.

But Kurzweil has a good reputation when it comes to long term legacy support.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
OMG they sound terrible, like the cheap and nasty Casio's for kids in the Eighties.

How can a so called musician post a video where the sound quality is so abysmal?

The Kursweil is $500 US and for $450 US a buyer could get a Casio CT X5000, my cash would go on the Casio.

I do not understand Kursweil putting a low cost Arranger on the market right where there is the most competition.

Given the cost of most of their kit producing a better quality unit to compete against the Korg PA700 and Yamaha SX700 would be better and I would certainly have considered them if they had the right features.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
From what I can tell Kurzweil intends to distribute the arrangers mainly in developing nations and third world countries.

You can't really blame them for wanting a piece of that market.

Notice that none of the reviews were sponsored by Kurzweil itself.

These were simply intro videos posted by a few dealers in Asia aimed at introducing the gear to potential customers.

As for Medelli, they're not all bad. They do own Ashun Sound Machines which produces the Hydrasynth which is IMHO a very cool piece of gear.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question