New keys player checking in

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve recently taken up playing keys. Still going through the method books and other easy stuff, scales, arpeggio's, triads, ect. trying to get my reading and technical skills together. I do play a bit of bass, so there is some carry over knowledge that seems to help. But I know it will be a long road. I’m at the point where I can play enough simple stuff to entertain myself so that’s good to keep me motivated. I’ll probably have more questions that answers. :)

Reaction score
Welcome.

Keep at it and find a daily practice routine that works for you and stick to it.

There is no quick fix, its just practice practice practice.

The worst thing that can happen is GAS.

I am on my sixth keyboard in eight years after not being able to settle into any of the prior five.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Keep at it and find a daily practice routine that works for you and stick to it.

There is no quick fix, its just practice practice practice.

The worst thing that can happen is GAS.

I am on my sixth keyboard in eight years after not being able to settle into any of the prior five.

Thanks for the welcome. So far so good, only a couple days missed in the past 3 months and recently playing a couple hours a day now that my reading is getting better.

GAS is real for sure lol. I managed to tame it for bass after finding my zen gear. I have some goals to achieve with keys before spending any more money. I have an old CP33 that is still plenty good for now. I bought some decent lower end JBL 306P MkII monitors for it and it sounds good to me.

Ask a Question