Pa5x Sustain pedal effects

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the sustain pedal effects sound? I don't want to hear the damper pedal sound they have when depressing the pedal.... Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

The answer is, Yes.

The pedal noise is a separate Sound Sample and is part of the Keyboard Set.

Turn down the effect in the Mixer and save the Keyboard Set.

There will be other ways but I’ll have to try them on my 5X before being sure that they will work.

Reaction score
Ok thanks.. I will give it a try... If I turn down the effects won't it cause all effects to be reduced??

Reaction score
Ok thanks.. I will give it a try... If I turn down the effects won't it cause all effects to be reduced??
You are not turning down the FX on the whole of the KbdSet, just a part of it.

Follow along with this info on your 5X

Select the Austrian Grand

Upper 2 & Upper 1 will be lit

Press Mixer on the panel and you will see Upper 1 Austrian Grand & in Upper 2 you will see Austrian Grand RX and it is the volume of this parameter that you will look at and hear in the following.

Select KBD/PAD to the right of the physical sliders so that it is lit

Move Sliders 1 through 6 to zero

Move Sliders 7, 8 & 9 to maximum

Now you will hear the note on/off and damper sounds at their maximum

Move slider 8 down to 50%, now you primarily hear the on/off and damper sounds

Keep playing some notes and press Upper 2 so the light goes out, now you have turned off the note on/off and damper sounds.

So what I am leading to is set the note on/off and damper sounds at the level you want and from the top right drop down menu select “Save KbdSet”.

Do note that you cannot do the above with all the Piano sounds, at least you cannot in the older 1.2 OS that I am still running.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help.. I just received my Pa5x so it will be a long learning curve...

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help.. I just received my Pa5x so it will be a long learning curve...

If you are new to Korg’s then it will be a long road.

That said, it does not take too long to learn the basics, simply watch the Video Manual series that Korg’s Steve McNally has made a few times and follow along.

Best tips that I can give is once you decide on a Style to go with a specific song, long press the SONG button and save the Style to the Songbook. You can then make the changes you want, saving it after every change.

Then before you power down your 5X create a SaveAll file which should be saved to your USD drive.

Finally make a written note in your Korg Log Book of what you have done.

Reaction score
If you are new to Korg’s then it will be a long road.

That said, it does not take too long to learn the basics, simply watch the Video Manual series that Korg’s Steve McNally has made a few times and follow along.

Best tips that I can give is once you decide on a Style to go with a specific song, long press the SONG button and save the Style to the Songbook. You can then make the changes you want, saving it after every change.

Then before you power down your 5X create a SaveAll file which should be saved to your USD drive.

Finally make a written note in your Korg Log Book of what you have done.
Thanks for your help and suggestions... What you told me did work for controlling the sustain pedal effects.... One other thing I can't find is controlling the volume sliders.... The Upper 1/2/3 all move together when I try to adjust the individual volume....I have looked in the manuals but I can't find anything that addresses this... I would appreciate any suggestions you have.... Thanks Ron

Reaction score
Start off any Style to play

Tap MIXER on the display at the bottom right it should show PadsKbd if it is showing Style tap on it to change to Padkbd

To the left of the Screen is a vertical row of physical buttons.

Whatever is selected governs the action of the Sliders.

Press each button in turn and see how the Ribbon Display changes.

Now press KBD/PAD.

Move sliders 6 thro 8 to the top of the keyboard and you should see on the Mixer the movement.

Now move them individually to the positions you desire

Play around with the controls to get used to them

Reaction score
Start off any Style to play

Tap MIXER on the display at the bottom right it should show PadsKbd if it is showing Style tap on it to change to Padkbd

To the left of the Screen is a vertical row of physical buttons.

Whatever is selected governs the action of the Sliders.

Press each button in turn and see how the Ribbon Display changes.

Now press KBD/PAD.

Move sliders 6 thro 8 to the top of the keyboard and you should see on the Mixer the movement.

Now move them individually to the positions you desire

Play around with the controls to get used to them
Thanks again for the reply... It works kind of funny... 6-8 sliders.... They still all move together and not individually... Also sometimes I have to move a slider twice before it will move. Example move number 7 all the way up and it does nothing, then move it back down and then back up and it will move but once again all together 6-8.. Hmmm ,,, I know I should have stuck with Yamaha.... LOL

Reaction score
Thanks again for the reply... It works kind of funny... 6-8 sliders.... They still all move together and not individually... Also sometimes I have to move a slider twice before it will move. Example move number 7 all the way up and it does nothing, then move it back down and then back up and it will move but once again all together 6-8.. Hmmm ,,, I know I should have stuck with Yamaha.... LOL
I found the problem... On the main screen at the top right corner the 3 dots and dashes... Select that and it brings up a screen with an option Disable Solo Link... uncheck box that says upper volume.... Now the volume controls work independently... Thanks again for your suggestions

Ask a Question