PA700 Factory Songbook Problems

Reaction score
I have access to factory styles but can no longer find the Lyrics, Markers or Scores, it is just a blank screen. I have done a factory restore several times but does not change the problem. I also uploaded the latest OS.

Reaction score
Welcome.

If there is one action that should never be undertaken on a Korg Pa 700 or 1000 is to select the Restore, as it screws everything up.

I am not the one saying that it was the Korg UK Product Manager.

With installing the OS update you do know that it totally deletes all the User Data.

I do hope that you performed a “SaveAll” process for if you did not you are screwed, all your User Data is gone.

If you did perform the “SaveAll” and stored it on a USB drive, then you can:-

File > Load, navigate to the file, & go into it to select the User Data files you want to Load, if memory serves me right you have to do this one at a time.

If you have used the Songbook app and you saved the data on a PC you should be able to load it from your PC to the 700 via the USB cable connection

Good luck

Reaction score
Welcome.

If there is one action that should never be undertaken on a Korg Pa 700 or 1000 is to select the Restore, as it screws everything up.

I am not the one saying that it was the Korg UK Product Manager.

With installing the OS update you do know that it totally deletes all the User Data.

I do hope that you performed a “SaveAll” process for if you did not you are screwed, all your User Data is gone.

If you did perform the “SaveAll” and stored it on a USB drive, then you can:-

File > Load, navigate to the file, & go into it to select the User Data files you want to Load, if memory serves me right you have to do this one at a time.

If you have used the Songbook app and you saved the data on a PC you should be able to load it from your PC to the 700 via the USB cable connection

Good luck
Hi thanks for that but the problem is not User data, I am a newbie and haven't done any yet, rather it is the Factory installed songbook information. I have Styles but when I go to select a Song the Korg Disk is blank??

I have done restores to no avail.

How's Lancs? My mum came from there originally and went to Devon in the Land Army during the war at 16 Yo. :)

Reaction score
Did you Backup the OS on the 5X?

If you did then you can restore Songbook from there.

Using the “Restore” feature screws the system, Do Not use it.

Reaction score
Hi thanks for that but the problem is not User data, I am a newbie and haven't done any yet, rather it is the Factory installed songbook information. I have Styles but when I go to select a Song the Korg Disk is blank??

I have done restores to no avail.

This will be small if any comfort but-- 6 months ago I was asked to check a new/unused Korg Pa1000, despite Korg arrangers being unfamiliar to me. Nonetheless setting about the task, I quickly found a number of discrepancies between what is shown in the user guide and behavior of the unit at hand. Familiar with the phenomenon under which complex instruments can retain manufacturer unaddressed/unacknowledged bugs, even years after release-- I searched the web, hoping to find a compilation of Korg Pa series errata; sadly, to no avail.

One of the seemingly aberrant behaviors I noted was that, as you describe, pressing the Song Book button (after a fresh boot) displayed a screen with no entries, rather than the expected factory song book.

Ultimately, I concluded that the brand new kb was probably not defective in a way that would be remedied by return/replacement; but rather simply that there are still unaddressed instrument performance issues for which workarounds might exist. (And the unit wasn't returned.)

Seeing your evocative post, I went back to that kb-- to find that something over intervening months appears to have "fixed" the problem. No one I asked knows how or why-- though I do recall downloading various (free) supplemental song files for it from Korg. The Pa1000 OS has not yet been updated to the latest/current release from a few months ago.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I assumed that if I did a Factory Restore all would be reinstalled. I had not yet placed any personal data on the system so was not concerned about anything being overwritten. I will try installing some free supplemental songs and see what happens. Thanks again.

Reaction score
If you pm me with your email address I may be able to send you a zip file called Osimo.

Korg UK produced Osimo in three versions, one for each Pa & I may still have the Pa700 version.

Extract it to a USB memory stick and in the 700 File>Load will enable you to then use the content which remains on the memory stick.

Osimo is about 150 saved Songs and associated Setlists so this would give you a starter system to work on.

I’m not promising as I may not still have the file, I will have to trawl through my old PC’s hard drive which is in a box somehwere.

Reaction score
Tap on Biggles in one of my responses and select Start Conversation

When I send you the file the sender will have the same Biggles as the sender

Reaction score
Hi I have tried using Start a Conversation", I get the following message

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please start a conversation with one of the following staff members: Ian

I tried Ian but note he has not been around for a while. I have tried others with the same result. Starting a new thread or replying to one like this is not a problem. Struggling to provide my email address without going public????

Ask a Question