Revoicing Yamaha Arranger Styles

Reaction score
Hi All,

i have been told that the styles on the older Yamaha arrangers are easier to revoice because the older Yamaha arrangers followed a more consistent pattern of assigning the same voice to the same channel in their styles. Can anyone comment on what they mean by “older”?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
If you mean. . . Changing the voice throughout a song . . then it is as simple as selecting A,B,C, or D in the main variation settings.
You are asking age . .Mine is a 2014 model psr s650.
You can also select any voice at anytime quite simply by tapping a selection.
The earlier models are capable of this too.
Even the e series can do it.
I am not sure what you are asking.

Reaction score
Hi … you can take Yamaha styles from almost any Yamaha arranger keyboard, open them up in a style editor and replace the sounds that are assigned to the different channels of the style with different sounds (instruments). For example, channel 2 of a style could be the drum track. When you revoice you go in and replace the original drum kit with one that sounds better (to you). Some arranger keyboards have built in style editors and there is also standalone style editing software.

My question was about which older Yamaha arrangers used a more consistent system of putting the drums on channel 2, a guitar on channel 4, etc.

Ask a Question