Right Hand Volume question on Pa5x

Reaction score
Hi
I haven't had my Pa5X long, but I am getting the hang of a lot of it.
However, I have a query.
No matter what I play, particularly with a Style backing, the Right Hand Volume is always very quiet.
I've got the PAAS Mk2 Korg amp system as speakers, and know that this is very powerful.... Should I have maybe done some settings to let the keyboard know its fitted?

I've been into the Mixer settings and tried pushing the Right 3 and Right 2 up to the maximum 127 volume. I've had a look at the EQ settings. I can't find a Compressor? Is there one on the Pa5X, and if so where is it hiding....
I'm not new to arrangers, as I have a Yamaha PSR SX700, but I think I must be missing something here?
Any help on this would be really appreciated..... and Thank you if you can help. 😉

Reaction score
With the Style you want to use selected press the Play button.

To the left of the LCD screen there are the selection buttons for the various Slider functions.

Style/Song should be lit, if it is not press this button.

Slide all the Sliders all the way down so you have no sound.

Slide KEYS up to 100

Slide Bass through to Acc5 up to about 50.

Then adjust each individually until you have the desired balance.

You can also do the above within the LCD screen by selecting CONTROL and ensuring STYLE is highlighted.

Save the Style to Songbook so that it should present itself next in the as saved format next time you load it from Songbook, note that you can also save the Style to a User location.

FX
On your 5X in CATEGORY select GUITAR Page 1 tap on Clean Ch. Guitar press EXIT button

Press MENU button then press MIXER/FX

Upper1 is highlighted and the VOX is shown as ON

Play some notes then Toggle it OFF, play more notes, turn it back ON

Long press on the three lines - - - then tap where you see BYPASS and the FX options are then presented.

Tap on DYNAMICS and the Dynamic Compressor is there.

It will become second nature and it takes all of 2s to get to the FX menu once you know how to get there.

Enjoy

Reaction score
Hi Biggles
Thank you for this... I am stuck on the 2nd bit!
In the Mixer/FX I see that Upper 1 is highlighted. Where is VOX?

Also... When I long press the 3 lines it takes me to the FILES menu?

I need some clarification on these 2 points... Sorry.

Reaction score
Within the highlighted are you should see thatn the top FX that is assigned to this keyboard set is a vox Amp, this one shows ON on the On/Off FX toggle.

Within the highlighted Keyboard set there are 3 available assignment locations.

The Top one has the Vox assigned.

Tap the three lines you see on the Bottom assignable FX location and that brings up the FX menu.

If you do not see this then it may be that I am still on 1.2 and 1.3 may have things differently.

That said the process is the same.

I am not on my 5X at present, I’m watching England and will look again tomorrow to see if all is OK.

Reaction score
Good morning Biggles.

I'm pleased to say that I've found the Compressor this morning. I've set it up, and that's it.. It has transformed the sound just how I wanted it.
I got to it slightly differently, so I've put it here in case it may help somebody else. I'm on V1. 3.0

1. From the Home screen, press the MIXER Tab at the bottom of the screen

2. On the far right bottom of the screen press the Mixer graphic icon under where it says Main

3. On the Right of the screen press Master FX then press
the graphic under the word Routing

4. At the top of the next screen press the TITLE BAR at the top of the screen... This will take you to the EFFECTS screen.

5. On the Left of what now shows as the EFFECTS screen. press the DYNAMICS tab on the left of the screen to show the Compressor Page.
Other settings are available too on this page.

Reaction score
Same thing, I sent you to the INSERT FX.

The Insert FX works on Keyboard Sets, Master FX on the whole.

You should see that there are two Master FX that can be applied.

Pretty well standard Korg stuff, the manual does show and explain what to do but in true Korg style that was written by a Klingon. P409 in manual 1.2

Glad you are sorted

Reaction score
Quite by accident I found another way of doing this.
Go to Settings/Preferences/ and all sliders for Styles were set by default at the Factory setting of 127!!

Reset as 65/65/75 and peace has returned!
I appreciate that this is a global setting, but for most of my practice sessions, that heavy bass and drum stuff in some of the factory (and other styles) is NOT for me. Especially through headphones

Might help somebody else... 😊

Last edited:

Ask a Question