Roland Go Keys 3/5 Chorus and verses of a song

Reaction score
On my Roland Go:Keys 5, how do I prepare the Chorus Verse cycle of a song?
That's my question.

In detail : I can't get organized for both the “Chord Seq” and the “Arranger” parts.
For the “Chord Seq” part, is there a way of switching from one sequence to another, one for the Chorus part, the other for the Verses part? Or do I have to make one very long sequence for the whole song?
For the “Arranger” part, i.e. the Styles, do I have to use variations and stay with the same style, or can I switch from one style to another ?
Maybe I cannot avoid a sequencing software?

What's the right method?

Reaction score
Welcome.

I cannot be to specific as I do not own a GoKeys, so this advice is general.

The chord sequencer is intended to provide the backing and it looks like it is separate to the Auto Accompaniment.

The Style playback is intended for a specific song and usually you cannot switch to another Style without the initial Style stopping, dual Style features are incorporated in a Korg Pa5X but that is a £3k keyboard. So yes stay with the Style for all the song, as the variation number increases so does the complexity of the song.

An Arranger can typically have 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 1 Fill, 1 Break & 3 Endings.

Do read the Full Reference Manual rather than the Quick Start Guide.

Reaction score
Although leagues better than the original Go:Keys, the Go:Keys 5 isn't a fully-featured arranger. For one thing, (as of operating system 1.04) it lacks "sync stop."

It's a pity that Roland mostly gave up on arranger development. The good news is that a late, great BK-5 can be purchased for about the cost of a Go:Keys 5!

Ask a Question