Saturday Comes!!!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Saturday Comes !!! and we all scatter like cockroaches.

A week-long barrage of Yamaha problems suddenly supplanted by doing chores, driving the kids to soccer practice and trying to squeeze in the last bit of sunshine before winter's icy grip enshrouds us all...

(Set That!!! to music Mr Bono. I want my cut :D :D :D )

Or have we all been gigging with our gear, at least in our own tiny minds? :D :D :D

Come on people, we're much more than a musical help desk.

We are a social club with very lax restrictions barring entry. ;)

So start a few conversations about how life is treating you instead of prairie dogging it when the "social" in Social media gets to be too much.

Or even a simple reply to this thread is a good start.

The nicest thing about this place is that we've made friends who will last a lifetime :D

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I will be the first to respond. .

As for friends here on these forums .. yep!
Most are a reliable bunch, obliging, friendly, interesting and intelligent. Long lasting acquaintances for sure!

We are emerging into spring time here in Oz. So we are in positive mode.
My wife and I have booked a 2 week cruise circumnavigating New Zealand next month. Looking forward to that.

Looking forward to a concert we have booked for later this month . . A group touring from USA . . YATCH ROCK.
70'S and 80's covers . That will be sensational.

I trust you get some more follow ups to this thread Gary. It is a feel good diversion.
Cheers

Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Skipped my evening medication by mistake.

Too late in the day to take it now so dealing with a touch of insomnia.

Early onset dementia is only one of my many, many talents :p

:D :D :D

Besides, it's the weekend 🤩🤩🤩

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Oh thanks.
I took the photo with my android phone.
No idea how to copy image and paste.
Hence, google drive link above.
Not sure if Apple users can see it.

Thanks Gary for the "postimages" link.
I will try it.
Still got a lot to learn.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have a google account. Apple don't matter.

Google drive is meant to be sorted in folders.

You can set each folder's permissions, to publicly shared, or privately shared with accounts you specify.

Right click on each folder to set options.

I usually keep a few private folders, one privately shared, and always at least one public for when a forum post is necessary.

Easiest way to transfer a photo off your phone to yourself is to email it to yourself.

Annoying as hell I know but so far it seems the simplest way.

Reaction score
Saturday Comes !!! and we all scatter like cockroaches.

A week-long barrage of Yamaha problems suddenly supplanted by doing chores, driving the kids to soccer practice and trying to squeeze in the last bit of sunshine before winter's icy grip enshrouds us all...

(Set That!!! to music Mr Bono. I want my cut :D :D :D )

Or have we all been gigging with our gear, at least in our own tiny minds? :D :D :D

Come on people, we're much more than a musical help desk.

We are a social club with very lax restrictions barring entry. ;)

So start a few conversations about how life is treating you instead of prairie dogging it when the "social" in Social media gets to be too much.

Or even a simple reply to this thread is a good start.

The nicest thing about this place is that we've made friends who will last a lifetime :D

My days of dropping kids off at practices & whatnot are over - they are grown and out of the house - and I was lucky enough to retire in 2023 before age 60 after 26 years in NJ public schools (IT/tech. support).

So my days/weeks are often filled w/gigs these days - real live actual gigs in the Real World, NOT in my mind (lol) - at various restaurants, bars, outdoor venues, town concerts in parks, weddings, etc. - - with several different bands as well as freelance for whoever calls. I did Thursday-Sunday this past weekend, Thursday-Tuesday the previous week, etc... shooting for 150 jobs this year, living the dream - as a musician! ha ha

- - except for the lousy pay scale in my area (NJ, NY State, occasionally Eastern PA) that most definitely has not kept up with inflation...

Oh and also the "There's too many bands & not enough places for them to play" problem - in this area. The good thing is most of them - except the ones I work with - really suck, so it's easy to stand out! ha ha

So that fills my days - along with helping my wife who still has 2 more years of teaching left before retirement.

Ask a Question