Saving a Keyboard Set Pa5x

Reaction score
Hi

Having read the chapter in the Manual, and not found what I'm looking for, a question. I'll try and keep it simple, but there seems to be no actual instruction on how to do this.

Ok... So I'm sat at the keyboard.
I've selected a really nice style and a keyboard set. If I go back to the Screen and see all the information I need is correct, how do I now SAVE that exact combination of settings to a Disk Drive of my choice so that I can recall it at a later date.

Thanks for any help. 😉

Reaction score
Tap top right of screen where the three dots and dashes are

Save Style.

Tap User\User ??

Tap Drives

Navigate to required location

Tap Exit

Tap Save

Same process for Kbdset

I do not do the above, I long press on Book and save the Style and associated Kbdsets to the Songbook.

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles

I'll try both ways, and very grateful to you for your quick response, and your help.

So much learning to do, but I am getting there.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your method is better. 😊
I ran into a couple of issues, but these were down to my own lack of knowledge.
Basically when I went to save the Style and Keyboard sets, they simply saved the Style and Keyboard sets that were already on board. Doh! My bad.

Once I had saved the customised and renamed style and keyboard sets into a different location, I was then able to do exactly what I had set out to do.

Steep learning curve! 😊

Reaction score
The Factory Styles etc are write protected but in any case they may be overwritten when loading the rare beast known as an Update.

Hence it is always good Korg practice to save user adjusted Styles etc to a User Location.

Sounds will not run from removable media yet Styles, Kbd Sets will.

In fact a few years ago Korg UK created Osimo which was was a collection of about 150 Song book tunes and Setlists that ran off a USB stick, I still have them but not tried to see if they load on my 5X.

Reaction score
PM me with your eMail address.

The file is 2.78Mb and is names Pa4XOsimo.set

To install:-

Create a SaveAll.kst file and save it to your Backup folder on your USB drive.

On the USB Driver create folders named:-
OsimoPa4X
OsimoPa5X
Songbook xx (where xx are your initials)

Copy the “Pa4XOsimo.set“ file from your PC to the OsimoPa4X folder on your USB drive

With the above completed and the USB stick in the 5X, turn it on and press the FILE button the press the MENU button.

Select Data Conversion, it is shown as “SET Pa > KST Pa”.

Follow onscreen instructions and point each section to the above folders.

Job done.

Easiest way to see them is via the SETLIST

Reaction score
OK

I followed my own instructions and installed Osimo and so far it seems to have converted OK from the Pa4x.SET file format to the Pa5x.KST format.

Spent and hour noodling around the various Songs in the Setlists and jamming along.

Pleased that the Osimo system has converted OK, for some reason I expected issues.

So if any other Pa5x owners want the file PM me.

I did have the Osimo versions for the Pa700 and Pa1000, but not sure which hard drive I have them stored away on.

It is also worth downloading all the Korg UK Bonusware Style files, there are about 45 of them so hundreds of additional Styles are available.

Ask a Question