Sheet music sources

Reaction score
In another thread, I thanked this forum’s members for their great advice, leading me to a Casio CT-S500 purchase. Just right for getting back into playing after a long gap.

Are there good places to look for note-for-note sheet music for classic rock songs? After a ton of searching, I can find a lot of sheet music of the Hal Leonard Piano/Voice/Chords variety, but I’m looking for music that leads me exactly through the recordings I know really well. For example, if I want to learn Elton John’s Border Song or Billy Joel’s She’s Always A Woman as they were originally recorded, is there anywhere I can look?

Back in my prime, I was a guitar player. Tabs and transcriptions abound, allowing me to figure out how to mimic what I hear. It was this mimicry that developed my technique and ear on that instrument. Is there an equivalent for keyboards?

What advice I mostly find on the internet is “watch YouTube tutorials” or something similar, and I guess I’m just too old school for that. Plus, I learned piano originally by reading music and probably over-rely on it. I’m a pretty shit by-ear player on this instrument as opposed to guitar, where I have very little idea what notes I’m playing.

Ask a Question