Stepping up from Tyros 5 to Genos2.

Reaction score
I've already succumbed to the raves and hype of the Yamaha Genos2 and made my purchase about a month ago. Once I get comfortable with the Genos2's learning curve, it's my intention to replace my Tyros 5/76 with this supposedly marvelous instrument.

So, I'm curious what others think about making this very same transition from the Tyros 5. Do you think the Genos2 has noticeable improvements, such as: Its overall features? Its variety of voices and styles? The layout of Its operational controls? Its sound quality?

Bottom line, are you content with your decision to step up from the Tyros to the Genos?

Reaction score
I have a Tyros 5. The biggest advancement, functionally, is probably the chord looper, and its ability to store chord progressions and use them to drive the style. However... I'm not sure whether I would make use of it. I feel like it's the first step on a slippery slope toward playing over a recorded MIDI.

Yes I know that style patterns are pre-recorded sequences. But by entering the chords in real time, you're still "playing live," at least in a sense. Hopefully others will chime in. Please let us know what you think after you've been playing the Genos for a few weeks.

Reaction score
On the Genos 2 are the Chord Sequences switchable?

They certainly are on my Korg, where I am slowly adding them, but not using them as yet, but maybe when my left hand arthritis gets worst then I will.

So do check up if the Chord Sequence in a Genos 2 is saved with the Registration and that it is also switchable.

Reaction score
On the Genos 2 are the Chord Sequences switchable?

They certainly are on my Korg, where I am slowly adding them, but not using them as yet, but maybe when my left hand arthritis gets worst then I will.

So do check up if the Chord Sequence in a Genos 2 is saved with the Registration and that it is also switchable.
That, I don't know as of yet and that's a good question. But, I'm not really sure that I'd be taking advantage of such a feature. Like TedS said above, it would be one more thing that would be included into the already packed elements within a registration. I don't want to get to the point where my keyboard becomes a karaoke machine that I'm merely playing along with (if that makes any sense).

Ask a Question