Suggestions for short lives and studying

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I need some recommendations. Currently, I use my main keyboard for performances, but due to its practicality, it stays stored in the truck of the artist I accompany when I'm not playing. Many times, this situation gives me a headache when I need to do freelance work or recordings, and my main keyboard isn't with me. It's a lot of work to retrieve it from storage, etc. To solve this, I need to buy something that works for freelance jobs, studies, and occasional recordings. I don't want to spend too much, and I know there are several options available. I've done some research and would like to hear from anyone with experience using any of these keyboards. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
  • Controller: This might be my best option since it meets all my needs and is inexpensive. However, carrying extra equipment for small performances bothers me: controller, interface, and laptop.
  • Korg KeyStage: As a controller, it seems like a good choice. The main advantage is that it has a built-in audio interface, so I would only need to bring my laptop. But for the price, wouldn't the Yamaha MX be a better option? It has great sounds and could also serve as a good controller with a built-in audio interface.
  • Casio CTS500 (or 1000): It's affordable, and I believe it would work for small performances with its internal sounds. But can it also function as a controller? Does it have a built-in interface like the MX and KeyStage? Are the keys good, or too soft?

Reaction score
If you want an arranger instead of a synth, I heartily recommend the Roland BK-9. It has a solid MIDI implementation and a built-in 16-track sequencer. Not 100% sure what your needs are, but FWIW.

Ask a Question