Touch up paint for Yamaha silver (spray)

Reaction score
Hi
Trying to match the colour of the top panel on my Yamaha psr 2000 keyboard, it’s supposed to be silver. I have tried a couple of Hycote Acrylic paints but both are to dark
Any help would be appreciated
Brian

Reaction score
Silver is one of the most difficult colours to match. My advice would be to go to your nearest car accessory shop and look at their range of spray paints. Settle on something as close as you can, and respray it, using a grey primer first.
Spray the whole panel... Trying to 'touch in' a colour never works.

Or why not be brave... Spray it any damn colour you want! Purple, Blue, Red........ Personalise it.... It's yours. 😂

Reaction score
Ok.... See I'd strip the panel. It's a bit of work, but it's just a plastic panel. The buttons, screen etc were all added afterwards.
Good luck

Reaction score
A hobby store that caters to plastic modelers should also have "paint on masking" that can be used to cover names/markings that you want to keep, allowing you to paint around or near it, and then you peel off the "mask" after it's all dry. A small paint brush would help too for painting small nicks or scratches.

Oh, and 2 light coats is always better than 1 heavy coat when it comes to paint. Good luck.

Old No7

Ask a Question