Which power input to use on Swing? 9VDC 500mA, or USB (5V 1A) Does it matter?

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
The Swing apparently can use either the 9VDC power input (I'd use a 1A PigHog supply) OR the mini-USB port with at least a 1Amp rating (an assumption.) Which would be best, or does it matter at all? I can't fathom why it would.

Although it sounds like a good idea, a keyboard stage setup would have 9V pedals, and a laptop/PC setup would have USB available. I'll give them that much.

Thanks to the four people that may see this, lol.

Oogie Wa Wa

Reaction score
Use whatever requires the fewest cables for your needs.
lol, The same. One wall wart or one USB adapter, my pedal board already has the USB adapter, I guess it just won, only a cable.

I'm finally getting around to using this thing, rapidly discovering that 61 keys aren't enough sometimes. Two octaves of bass split off only leaves three left, of course. I'm up to three instances of where another set of keys would be helpful. This beats adding a second keyboard, p.s., mixer and all that wiring. I need the USB cable and a MIDI cable and I'm good to go.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The best thing to do is sell the house and buy a whole mess of gear to play around with in your old age.

You deserve it. After all... You de man!!!!

:D :D :D

Oogie Wa Wa

Reaction score
Hahaha, that's pretty good!!! Happy wife.

Yeah, I'm probably in the 'he with the most toys' mode, although frugality is what got us here, among other things.

Plus this year I'll make over six grand playing with the boys, so I could probably get a shiny red 73 key toy without her even batting an eye. But I don't really need it.

Likewise I'm kluging together a homemade second tier for the stand. I'll post a pic.

Oh, speaking of which, tomorrow we play our 205th gig together since 2017, and the one year didn't count. Then another dozen to go. And I spend three months in Florida not playing! Living the dream, playing in a rock and roll band!

Take care sir!

Ask a Question