Yamaha DGX 670 Leslie Simulator

Reaction score
A lot of people have been asking about the internal Leslie simulator on the DGX670.

I've made a quick video. Please visit YouTube link:

Reaction score
How do you turn this on?

If you have the (3) pedal unit (purchased separately), then the LEFT pedal will automatically be assigned to control Rotary Speed.

But, if you're only using a standard sustain pedal plugged into the AUX PEDAL input on the back of the DGX; then, you'll have to assign that pedal to control the Rotary fast/slow speed. Here's how to reassign the pedal function:

MENU -->CONTROLLER --->ENTER

On the screen you will see (4) rows labeled 1 Aux: xxxxx, 2 Right xxxxx, 3 Center xxxxx, 4 Left xxxxx.

#1 is the row that assigns what the pedal will function when you plug a pedal into AUX PEDAL input.

I'd you have the optional (3) pedal unit, then:
#2 is the row that you would assign what function the RIGHT pedal will control.
#3 is the row that you would assign what function the CENTER pedal will control
#4 is the row that you would assign what function the LEFT pedal will control.

On the bottom left-side of the window, you will see an up/down arrow above the number 1.

Those Up/Down buttons are used to scroll through the menu to decide what "function" you would like each of the 4 pedals to control.

On the bottom right-side of the window are up/down arrows to turn on/off the pedal for each of the PARTS (i.e. LEFT/MAIN/LAYER.)

NOW: to reassign your pedal from Sustain to Leslie Speed Control:

If you're only using a single standard pedal plugged into the AUX PEDAL input, then use the primary up/down/left/right pad (located below the MENU button) to scroll and highlight Row #1. "AUX: xxxxx"

Then, use the up/down arrows (bottom left-side of window) to choose the function: "MODULATION ALT".

Note: I realize that in the scroll menu, you will see a function called "Organ Rotary Slow/Fast". You would think that function would be the function that actually is used to control the Fast/Slow speed.....but on my DGX670, it doesn't....I have to use the function "MODULATION ALT". Maybe, your DGX670 has a different firmware and you actually use the function "Organ Rotary Slow/Fast" to control the Leslie speed. You'll just have to experiment and see what works for you.

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your quick and detailed reply. I only have a sustain pedal, but I’ll buy a 3-pedal unit and check this out.
Cheers!

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your quick and detailed reply. I only have a sustain pedal, but I’ll buy a 3-pedal unit and check this out.
Cheers!
Yea, adding the 3-pedal unit was a good purchase. Since the DGX doesn't have Modulation Wheel (only pitch wheel), the Center Pedal defaults to Modulation for all the synth voices. Very Cool. The Left Pedal defaults to Rotary Fast//slow and the Right Pedal defaults to Sustain. I use the AUX Pedal (4th Pedal) to be a floater-pedal that I can assign any function I want; And, all this is totally storable per Registration.

Later,
Joel

Ask a Question