Yamaha DGX-670 Voice

Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently upgraded from the Yamaha DGX-660 to the DGX-670
I have noticed that the Equinox voice isn't on the 670 and the was wondering if anyone has found a voice that sounds like it?
It's a voice I really liked and would have hoped was in the voice list on the 670.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The DGX-660 voice list shows that Equinox is voice number 140, and is selected by MSB 0, LSB 112, PC 95. The voice numbers are specific to a given model (if the model uses voice numbers, which some do not), but the MSB, LSB, and PC can be used to select the same voice on other models (if the voice is available on those models).

By the way, bank 0-112 is an XG voice bank, so it would be included among the XG or XGlite voices if a given model has it available.

The DGX-670 voice list doesn't show Equinox anywhere, and browsing through the synth voices in all categories-- including Legacy, XG, and GM-- reveals that voice 0-112-95 isn't included.

The DGX-670 doesn't have the ability to load voice expansions, so that potential solution is off the table.

Other than connecting to a computer or tablet and using a virtual instrument, or using a second keyboard that includes the Equinox voice, your best bet is to see if one of the other voices bears some resemblance to the Equinox voice and tweak its voice parameters as desired to get as good of a match as you can. You could try any of the other synth pad voices in the 0-112 bank, or PC 95 voices in the other banks, as those would presumably be nearest to the Equinox voice in general sound.

Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your advice

I haven't found a voice like it as yet but with using the layer option may get something near it.
Thanks again, very much appreciated.

Reaction score
The DGX-670 includes legacy GM, GM2 and XG voices, but they are not easily accessible from the menu and are not documented in the manuals. info on how to gain access to these built-in, but hidden voices is at http://chromakinetics.com/dgx670

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the Equinox is an old "panel" voice-- not an XG voice as I had said previously-- so it would be in the Legacy voices, but it looks like Yamaha decided to drop it from the DGX-670, since many of the other "panel" voices from the earlier models are there but the Equinox voice is not. So it isn't just a case of the Legacy, XG, and GM voices being inaccessible from the menu; it can't even be selected by using its MSB-LSB-PC values of 0-112-95, because it is not included at all. :(

Ask a Question