Yamaha P-45: USB not working?

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Yamaha P-45. Everything works fine except the USB. When I plug it into a computer and turn it on, the computers don't even recognize that a new device has been connected. I've tried various cables (old, new, short, long, etc.) and checked all the accompanying literature I could find (Owner's Manual, Computer-related operations, MIDI Basics) and didn't find anything. My other keyboards connect fine to these computers.

After purchasing it I had to open it up to extract a penny that had been dropped inside and was rattling around. I suppose it could have shorted something out. I don't see any physical damage to the boards or connectors.

I only paid $150 for it and everything else works fine, so not the end of the world if the USB doesn't work.

BTW, this thing has 58(!) screws holding it together!

Any thoughts?

Thanks

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, I completely missed that. I'm great with mechanical, not so much with electronics. I'm not planning to return it. I bought it locally off Facebook marketplace and I seriously doubt the person had any idea as it works fine otherwise. I'll either see if I can repair it as a learning experience, or just use it as is until it dies.

004.1.jpg

Ask a Question