Yamaha P200 Right Channel Cutting Out

Reaction score
Hello all!

I got an older P200 digital piano last fall, and lately it's been having an issue with the right channel cutting in and out, with an occasional scratchy distortion. I feel like it's a loose connection somewhere because if nothing's coming out of the right channel, I can usually hit a few big chords and it'll come back (reminds me of blowing out Sega Genesis/N64 games lol). I also know it's not something just with the right speaker because the speaker, headphone jack, and right output jack all have the same issue. Below is a link to the circuit diagram/repair manual, and I attached a few pics of the various PCBs in there. I feel like it's either that one of the connectors isn't seated right, or one of the tiny blue wires isn't snapped into one of those green connectors just right. I'm unable to read circuit diagrams and am looking for some help as to where (which connectors/wires, etc.) this could be happening. Any help or advice is appreciated! All the connections on the PCBs are labelled, so if you know which points might be causing the issue, I can find them pretty easily. Thanks!!

Manual/circuit diagram: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1114969/Yamaha-P-200.html?page=4#manual

IMG_6482.JPG
IMG_6481.JPG
IMG_6480.JPG

Reaction score
Update: I went around all the little connections and found that the connector for the headphone jack, tucked away in the corner, was snapped in. Re-seated it and problem solved! Unfortunately I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete my post now that I figured it out.. So I guess my new question is: does anyone know how to delete a post? :)

Reaction score
Update: I went around all the little connections and found that the connector for the headphone jack, tucked away in the corner, was snapped in. Re-seated it and problem solved! Unfortunately I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete my post now that I figured it out.. So I guess my new question is: does anyone know how to delete a post? :)
I wouldn't consider deleting your post at all. Your fix info might come in useful to others later on, perhaps even with different models.

Reaction score
and problem solved! Unfortunately I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete my post now that I figured it out.
As a newbie on this forum, I'm going through previous posts just to catch up with things. And some of the best stuff I've stumbled across are technical problems in which there was an ultimate solution. So yeah, keep your post alive for me and others who might need help down the road.

Ask a Question