Midi/Keyboard Note Problems

Reaction score
So, I hooked my keyboard [Casio CTK-2100] into my computer, no problem done it before. I Unplugged it And When I press a note its like a tritone For Every Note Or Every Other Note etc. Can This Be Fixed? And What Caused\Causes It?

Reaction score
This is weird if you don't have USB connected.

Have you tried to use MIDI-OX or similar to see whether also a PC receives multiple MIDI Note On per key pressed?

My keyboard has a Harmony mode that can create echoes, trills etc that's even reflected over USB (echo is done by sending multiple MIDI On with diminishing velocity, etc, quite cool actually :)). The CTK seems to have something similar. Maybe that got activated.

Reaction score
I Realize My Question Might Be Confusing. Its Been Unplugged From My Pc Now Its Just The Keyboard Itself. I've Taken It Apart Cleaned The Keys And It Still Seems To Be Happening Just Now There Is 1 or 2 Dead Keys But Ill Unplug It And Plug It Back In and There Ok For A While! So, I Guess My Question Is Have I Broke My Keyboard Or Can This Be Fixed?

Reaction score
Given that a new CTK 3500 is £105 having yours repaired is only financially worthwhile as a DIY project for yourself or a friend.

Probably worth stripping it down and looking for broken wiring or burn damaged/leaking components. If any look damaged then they are not much to buy but if you have to buy a test meter then that could easily be £10-£40 and probably not worth it given the cost of a new keyboard.

Ask a Question