Piano Software for Windows 10 Recommendation

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for some software recommendations to play a good, all rounded piano sound to accompany my SL88 Studio.

So far the vst's that I've come across (free one's I have to add) don't do much in terms of key sensitivity.

Any suggestions would be great - if there's any 'templates' for MIDI synth and software that are commonly used on Windows platforms, I'd be grateful to hear of them.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for some software recommendations to play a good, all rounded piano sound to accompany my SL88 Studio.

So far the vst's that I've come across (free one's I have to add) don't do much in terms of key sensitivity.

Any suggestions would be great - if there's any 'templates' for MIDI synth and software that are commonly used on Windows platforms, I'd be grateful to hear of them.

Thanks!
Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the free program MuseScore lets you write notes to a score and play them. Many instrument sounds are available, and the piano is quite good. It will export MIDI and a lot of other formats. My go-to program for making my piano accomany my flute efforts.

Reaction score
I use Native Instruments Kontact - mostly The Grandeur which has more dynamic sensitivity in terms of volume than the Kurzweil SPS4-8 I use as controller. It is expensive as part of Komplete though. It has a lot of tonal and reverb variability too. There are other excellent piano Instruments in the package.

Reaction score
Nothing back from the OP, yet.

I use Pianoteq myself. There's a free demo, fully functional except for a few "dead" notes. The dynamic range is user-adjustable --- to the point of becoming impossible to control.

. Charles

Ask a Question