PX-S3000, is this possible?

Reaction score
I see video of people playing music with backings and different instrument. Many times press buttons above keyboard and I'm not sure what is the function. PX-S3000 has 88 key and small light size which is good. He is also cheaper. Casio has accompany rhythms and different instrument, but I don't know if he can play performance like this with sufficient backing track. Does it have enough feature to do? Or is required Korg?

Reaction score
I know the Casio has some arranger functions it it, though not at the level of those Korgs (or even of the higher end Casios, like the MZ-X500). But the other issue is that the backing tracks have certain styles and instrumentation to them, and based on the sample videos you posted, you may be looking for something we in the west often ethnocentrically call "ethnic" or "world" music styles. Yamaha and Korg both make models specifically with those functions, even including the ability to use microtunings if need be (Korg PA600QT and PA700 Oriental; Yamaha PSR-A3000 and PSR-A5000). HIgher end models often also let you program in your own styles, if none of the supplied ones are appropriate. As I said, I don't really know what the limitations of the PX-S3000 are here (downloading the manuals might be a good start), but if your budget can swing it, I suspect you'll be happier if you aim higher. I think the PX-S3000 at its heart is still more a "piano with arranger features" than it is a true "arranger."

Reaction score
Welcome.

if you have not done so already, download the Manual and read through the operation of the keyboard.

In particular pay attention to Registrations.

A Registration in an arranger keyboard is a specific setup of sounds, playback style, fx and audio levels for a particular song.

In an arranger the Registration is called up and the keyboard is in standby or ACMP mode awaiting a chord being play with the left hand to start up the auto accompaniment.

Normally, there are two or three different selectable openings and endings and up to four variations where each of the variations are busier than the previous one.

So what you see in the videos is the player selecting the intro, then var 1, then touching the screen to select another sound or in the case of the Korg Pa4X a keyboard set. As the song progresses so does the use of a busier Variation. Then the ending is selected and the song draws to a close. This is typically how an arranger functions.

The S3000 has such features but in a more stripped down simplified version and the manual and online tutorial videos will show how to use the keyboard.

Casio‘s are like all keyboards not particularly user friendly out if the box, effort is needed to learn the operating system. When I tried an S3000 I had to have my iPad with me displaying the manual so I could get some use out of the keyboard.

The style of music played on the lower video is on a Korg Pa4X and it is probably the Oriental version which is equiped with a more Ethnic World inclusion of sounds and Styles than a regular 4X.

Ask a Question