Roland XV 88 Memory Backup

Reaction score
Hello dears, hope everyone is great.

I really need assistance from anyone to help me find a solution to my Roland XV 88 Synth, because it's no more sounding.

That failure began when it's internal battery became weak (a 'battery low message' could appear on the screen). At that moment, it was sounding, but very weakly. I then managed to replace the internal battery some days after and get the keyboard fully powered. Unfortunately, there has been no more sound till now as the wave memory seem to have been deleted by lack of internal energy.

So,
- How can I get it's memory recovered ?
- Can a 32MB external memory card be useful to reload the content of the memory ?
- Do you think that an expander could help get the sound via midi cable ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_114136.png
    IMG_20210610_114136.png
    459.3 KB · Views: 89

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Depending on the age and type of the unit you will have to obtain the correct files and flash the memory using whatever methods are described in your manual. This might involve an appropriate memory card or in other cases a MIDI dump.

Either way you will have to determine the method from your manual and find the necessary files.

I'd suggest contacting Roland directly as well as http://forums.rolandclan.com/ while you are waiting for a response.

GaRY ;)

Reaction score
Hello dears, hope everyone is great.

I really need assistance from anyone to help me find a solution to my Roland XV 88 Synth, because it's no more sounding.

That failure began when it's internal battery became weak (a 'battery low message' could appear on the screen). At that moment, it was sounding, but very weakly. I then managed to replace the internal battery some days after and get the keyboard fully powered. Unfortunately, there has been no more sound till now as the wave memory seem to have been deleted by lack of internal energy.

So,
- How can I get it's memory recovered ?
- Can a 32MB external memory card be useful to reload the content of the memory ?
- Do you think that an expander could help get the sound via midi cable ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi! I'm the exact same situation. Please tell us how it went for you, if you have found a solution.
/Markus

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm in the same situation too. And I tried doing the factory reset after replacing the internal battery but it unfortunately didn't help. All the preset patches still appear on the screen, but no sound comes from the keyboard. If any of you have found a solution please let us know. Thanks so much!

Ask a Question