Single note volume

Reaction score
Hi..I have a Roland RP 701 connected to my iPad Pro. I use VST like collosus piano app just for playing and not for recording. There is a problem when playing the vst instruments…a particular note( A3) is very loud. Is it possible to lower the volume of that single note through any app or software? Please advise…Thankyou.

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
Just a perspective thing, I play bass guitar, and in some cases a room's characteristics will really amplify one certain frequency. It does that in the room I use for practice on a G#2. Same if I hit the same note on the DS or my old Casio. Weird, things even start to vibrate, but only on that one note. Does it also do it when using headphones? Otherwise I'm afraid as a newbie I can't offer any help.

Reaction score
Just a perspective thing, I play bass guitar, and in some cases a room's characteristics will really amplify one certain frequency. It does that in the room I use for practice on a G#2. Same if I hit the same note on the DS or my old Casio. Weird, things even start to vibrate, but only on that one note. Does it also do it when using headphones? Otherwise I'm afraid as a newbie I can't offer any help.
You are absolutely right. It's my room acoustics. I bought 2 bass traps and it solved the problem. Most of the noise is absorbed.

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
Glad you found it! That's just so weird. I tore a speaker cabinet all apart once only to find out that the rattle was coming from the cabinet door just behind it.

Ask a Question