Used PSR 463 vs. New E373

Reaction score
I've decided (finally) on getting a PSR-E373 instead of a new Casiotone 400 because of the built in audio interface (I will use that a ton), and also because Casio continues pushing back availability dates and I'm done waiting.

Now my music store has a used 463 for the same $ as the 373; I know it doesn't have as new a piano sound, not as many DSP effects, but way bigger speakers, knobs for controlling reverb/chorus on the fly, ability to mute backing parts (I play mostly piano stuff, but would use the rhythms a ton and would prefer only bass as backing), and a USB flash drive jack for quickly moving audio to a pc.

Any thoughts from those who know more about these 2 than I do just from reviews and messing around on them in the store?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I can't comment on the PSR-E373's sound quality or newer features, but if it were me I'd probably go for the PSR-E463 for its additional knobs and voice-editing options-- assuming it's in good shape.

Reaction score
. . . but if it were me I'd probably go for the PSR-E463 for its additional knobs and voice-editing options-- assuming it's in good shape.
+1. Additional editability and larger speakers are always good.

It's a mature model line-up. As I remember, Jonathan See reviewed several PSR models on YouTube -- he might have something relevant to say about the "new features" list on the PSR-E373.

. Charles

Ask a Question