Which X-Stand

Reaction score
Question about a K&M X-Stand.

I’m going to buy a Kawai ES110 this week, with a solid X-stand.
But I’m not sure which would be best :

18990 Keyboard stand »Rick«

Rubber rests can be ajusted:
- Maximum 360 mm from end to end, 250 mm between the rests
- Minimum 300 mm from end to end, 190 mm between the rests

18993 Keyboard stand »Rick 20«
- fixed at 260 mm from end to end

The depth of the ES110 is 286 mm.

Now, according to the manual of the ‘Rick 20’, it’s best to have the keyboard overlap the supports by a couple of centimeter front and back.
This would certainly be the case with the 18993 ’Rick 20’ ; same with the 18990 ’Rick’ but if I align the ES110 with the rubbers, it would be a bit ‘off center’, because the rubber rests can only be moved on the back of the stand (they can be move forward or backward), if you know what I mean.
X-Stands are not ideal for stability, but these models from K&M seem to have a very good reputation nonetheless. But is there any reason to choose one over the other for the Kawai ES110 ? Which one would be the more ‘wobble free’ ?

Any 'stand' experts here ?

Reaction score
Never mind, was a dumb question, apparently. The 18990 has support for second tier stackers, hence the increase in support depth. The Rick 20 will be fine...

Reaction score
I'm sure that 'fail' wasn't a K&M... ;)

No, seriously, I have a K&M table stand for my MP11SE, but for the ES110, it needs to be a little more portable. And I guess K&M are as stable as they come, even for X-Stands...

Reaction score
At least the K&M X stand or one of them does have a decent looking lock brace.

Reaction score
Are you intending to play seated? If so be aware that x-stands can be a little annoying from an ergonomic perspective. I use one myself when practicing but it’s not overly comfortable.

Reaction score
Are you intending to play seated? If so be aware that x-stands can be a little annoying from an ergonomic perspective. I use one myself when practicing but it’s not overly comfortable.
True. Especially if you use foot pedals of any sort.

Reaction score
Are there stands that are stand up higher for larger people. I was told I need to buy a pro level set up for anything like that ... no?

Reaction score
How tall are you? I’m 5’11” and play standing using a K&M 18880. Can highly recommend.

If and when it dies I’d seriously look into replacing it with the same model or a K&M 18820. It can stand a little higher and had a slightly more robust construction. Didn’t purchase it at the time as back then it didn’t fold up flat. But now it does.

Reaction score
I’m about your height naturally lol.....guess I gotta play bare footed...I went cheap o so I’ll look at that brand. Just when the keyboard is under 200$ it’s pointless spending too much on the accessories.
seriously good carry bag cost more than the rig! Thank you mate!

Ask a Question