Medeli AKX10

Reaction score
I know most of you guys are on serious synths but whats your opinion on upcoming Medeli AKX10 arranger? The price is set at 545 GBP or 700 EUR and its jam packed with features and high quality sounds.
I wonder why Yamaha is not updating its PSR-S670 model? Why would they leave wide open space for Medeli in this price range?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
You may or may not know that Medeli were recently successfully sued by Yamaha for Copyright infringement. See here

For that reason alone, I would not buy a Medeli.
I have a PSR SX700 and a Korg Pa5X, and the SX is a superb keyboard for about the same money as a Medeli... And it's legal! 😂

Reaction score
You may or may not know that Medeli were recently successfully sued by Yamaha for Copyright infringement. See here

For that reason alone, I would not buy a Medeli.
I have a PSR SX700 and a Korg Pa5X, and the SX is a superb keyboard for about the same money as a Medeli... And it's legal! 😂
That is very interesting.

I wonder if the owners of the AKX10 have received any buy back offers?

Also what owners of said product now think?

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear about the lawsuit. There's no denying that some aspects of the Medeli OS are similar to Yamaha. So much so that I speculated on another web forum that perhaps they had licensed it from Yamaha. I guess not...!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sell em on craigslist before Yamaha's lawyers start crawling up your rear ends. :D

It's not surprising since the company doesn't even run a legitimate website. :p

Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to know, with 'Grand suite' software of Medeli, can we import others voices to the MEDELI AKX 10 ?
I know that it is possible to import styles with this software.
Thanks
This is a way: This keyboard only receives external voices, if we put them inside an expansion. The expansion may be created by us, using the free software GranSuite. For creating the voices, we can create them editing the natural sounds of the keyboard, and saving with a name easy to identify. We may save the voices on the keyboard, and after that, we copy to the USB for later uses, as a new creation of expansions. On the expansions, we can include soundfonts, and this is the real good thing, because there are thousands of free sounds on this extension on Internet.
When we are creating a expansion it's important to check the size of the material we are including, because there are some good piano sounds on the sf2 format, which are bigger than the keyboard can support.
I found some very nice organ sounds like the Hammond, in sf2 format. And now they are part of my keyboard. For free.
My model of the Medeli is the european version distributed by Thomman. The name of the model is Thomman AK-X1100. The price was 555 euros delivered at home with no transportation costs. I live at Portugal, and it cames from Germany.
The difference from the original Medeli keyboard is the size of the user memory, wich is 256 mb. But I don't mind, because it can play the styles from the USB, and if I like one of them, I save it on the keyboard for USER.
Now, I let here a link for a page of free voices, on the sf2 extension.

I hope this help, as a start.

Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to know, with 'Grand suite' software of Medeli, can we import others voices to the MEDELI AKX 10 ?
I know that it is possible to import styles with this software.
Thanks
Yes. On the format called sf2. And talking abou the styles, this keyboard can play them from the USB, and edit and save renamed by us, for further recognition.

Reaction score
There are actually multiple stores in Europe who sell this keyboard. The biggest one is Thomann and they sell it rebranded under their own name Thomann AK-X1100. They ship products internationally. The other one is The Music Alliance with a chain of stores across Europe.
The mine is the model by Thomman, and I'm satisfied.

Reaction score
From everything I have read, and everything I have watched on YouTube, etc...

It seems that Medeli really knocked the AKX10 hardware out of the park.

Great build quality overall...

And aesthetically the best looking arranger out there.

According to several people I have actually communicated with who own the AKX10 -

The keybed is better than the Yamaha PSR-SX700/900 - and on par or slightly above the Korg Pa700.

The buttons and control knobs are better than the Yamahas' (no mention of the Korgs')

And the touch screen is much better than the Yamahas' and, of course, the Korgs'.

The only slight negative are the voices/sounds - at their defaults they are not that good.

However, I was told by Timor (not sure if everyone knows who he is - he has the AKX10 and is making sound packs for it) that if you can manage the settings (not easy for everyone) on the AKX10 it can sound very good.

And, according to Medeli, they will be releasing a huge update in about two weeks to their OS that should take care of a lot of the concerns mentioned above.

The only real questions I have are the warranty and serviceability in the US - and I should know more about that soon.
Talking about the sounds, I found something: They come with a configuration wich is a sort of atenuation. So, I discovered on Global/Keyboard, and I uncheked a small botton of the configurations, and then the volume changed to the 80 watts they say on the manual. Pay atention to not to make unvolontary changes on the split.

Reaction score
Looking at more YouTube videos on the AKX10...

The stock sounds/voices, etc. are really... not good... :(

They all seem flat, two-dimensional, etc...

According to Timor, they can be made to sound "really good" by using the editing functions - but that is way beyond what I know how to do.

I was watching a video showing how you can edit a sound on the AKX10 - very in-depth.

I made a comment about this. Explore the function on Global/ Keyboard. You may find there a small botton wich if we uncheck it, the volume changes to the 80 watts they say on the manual.

Reaction score
That is very interesting.

I wonder if the owners of the AKX10 have received any buy back offers?

Also what owners of said product now think?
I have the Thomman version of this keyboard. My conclusions is this: this instrument has a strong point, wich is the modifications we can do with it. We can edit or change the styles, we can edit or put new voices. It receives sounfonts, applied in expansions. So, it is better for what it can makes then the things it has from factory. The price is a very good price on Europe. as an example, I use the mixer and create some good performances. I have now some sondfonts from the Hammond. Now it plays as if it was more expensive. Very different from the first day. So, if we dedicate som minutes creating new sounds or new stiles, in a few days we'll be very positively surprised. This is my opinion.

Ask a Question