Anything that I should know about the Yamaha SX 700/900?

Reaction score
Hello,

I think I am noticing a pronounced number of classified ads around my hometown where people that have only _just_ bought a Yamaha SX700 or SX900 are trying to get rid of it already, of course, ‘with a heavy heart’ etc. etc. For instance, bought only this March, still guarantee on it – but already for sale.

So, ahem, I'm getting a bit wary and concerned.

Is there something untoward about this specific Yamaha product line that a prospective buyer should be aware of ?

Reaction score
These are Yamaha’s two Intermediate Arrangers with the vastly more expensive Genos being top of the line.

People buy these either moving up from an E series or straight in as a first purchase.

Any Arranger is just like any other sophisticated keyboard, it take a lot of time and effort to learn their way around the OS, never mind learning to play.

Probably some believe the hype that it is easy to get playing, which it sort of is but again a lot of time and effort is required.

The keyboards themselves are much more solidly built of better quality materials than the prior S models so you should be OK with either.

I’d go for the SX 900 whose only competitor is the now 7 year old Korg Pa1000.

Ask a Question