"Chord Style" Piano

Reaction score
I've read a bit about playing piano "chord style" recently. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Is it basically playing keyboard style music but without auto-accompaniment?

If anyone's got any links to videos of anyone playing a piano in this way, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Thanks

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean, you just mean playing the keyboard / piano with both hands playing independently with out an auto accompaniment? Without sounding glib, this is what I'd call playing "properly". Is that what you mean?

Reaction score
I think I'm referring to playing a left hand part based on chord symbols rather than reading the bass clef in a more classical style.
As I say, I'm really sure but I've seen lots of references to "chord style" piano and wondered what exactly that means.

Reaction score
In Arranger Keyboards, when playing with a backing style, you can control the style with your left hand by several methods: Fingered is when you play only the first key of a chord, and Piano Style would be playing the full 3-4 notes chord.

Reaction score
I have heard of "chord style" also. As I understand it, it is playing the chords and singing the melody. Similar to whats done with an autoharp.

Ask a Question