Great Moog Grandmother Tutorial

Reaction score
For those of us who have the wonderful Moog Grandmother, this is a very cool tutorial. For those who don't well, it's still fun to check out! Maybe this might entice you to get one. It does sound very good and it's a lot of fun to play.

Reaction score
Very nice, Gary! Thanks!

Hi Biggles! Here in Canada we have a music store chain called Long and McQuades. They have a lot of stores. Coast to coast in fact. I luck out because usually in June, which also has my birthday in, they have a sale on. 6 months no interest financing. My lovely wife likes to buy me treats and so because of the financing deal, I get musical instruments. We put a small down payment on said toy and then pay it off over 6 months. We've been doing this for a decade now. This is how I get most of my toys. I'm not spoiled! I'm loved!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I just did some quick searches and realized the Poly D is an instant classic. Behringer has discontinued it and replaced it with the MonoPoly.

There's one guy on Kijiji who's posted an ad looking to buy one.

I can already say that this is a synth that nobody wants to sell or trade away.

The Monopoly looks nice enough, but I think the Poly D sounds slightly better.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Wow! You've got your hands on a good one! I wouldn't sell it either. I've checked out comparison videos between the Behringer and the Moog and I have to say that I can't hear a difference, well at least not enough of one to justify the massive price difference.

Reaction score
This is exciting news! I just found out about this. My only gripe is that it's not a 61 key keyboard. For something like this, I'd definitely want that.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice find.

Behringer is really cranking up production on new models these days.

Between my Deepmind 6, my Poly D and my Sledge and Hydrasynth I'm pretty much covered for any sound you could imagine... Anything from snarling pigs to a UFO landing, I got it covered :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Honestly, if I'd had a Behringer Deepmind or Poly D or MonoPoly or Polyeight when I was a teenager my life would have taken a totally different turn.

I envy the kids of today having all these low budget options which we couldn't possibly afford when we were younger.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda... No point in dwelling on the past. ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
That's true. My first keyboard was something called an Insta Piano. It had no velocity sensitivity.

My amp at the time was I believe, a Commodore 60 watt bass amp with 4 10" speakers. I was playing in a little basement band called Magritte. named after the French artist. Shortly after I turned 17 I bought my Minikorg which I still have!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You were lucky man. When I was a teen, my dad had it in his head that talent was something I wasn't "born with" and that musicians starve for a living :D

When I was 19 I broke down and bought a Yamaha YFL-24 Silver Plated flute and used that to satisfy my "perverse" musical urges for the next decade :D :D :D

To add insult to injury, at the same time my 16 yr old younger brother somehow managed to acquire a Gibson Les Paul Sunburst, a 200 Watt Crate Stage Amp, and for a short while, an old Roland String Synth. (It's not Who you know, it's WHEN you know them.)

I didn't really pick up on keyboards again until the late 80's when low priced Casios started turning up.

The ironic part is that my kid brother has pretty much given up the guitar these days because all his years in a mechanics shop has done a number on his hands. :(

He's retiring in 4 years. Maybe I'll buy him a Behringer Synth as a retirement present :)

No hard feelings. He ain't heavy, right? ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Wow!
When I was 16, I had a part time job but full time in the summer. Since I was working, I could afford to buy these things out of my own pocket. My parents weren't into music and my dad hated rock. Occasiona;;y though he would help me ou by driving me somewhere if I needed to take my gear. I started taking piano lessons when I was 7 but never really liked practicing. When I was 18 I bought a real keyboard amp. A Yorkville Revs model 2. It also came with a speaker with a 15" driver and a horn. This isn't mine. Mine's now residing up at my friends house in Buckhorn.

1617392997348.png

Ask a Question