Hold samples

Reaction score
Electro 6 I can play/loop a sample designated to one note with my sustain pedal but that also sustains the rest of the keys.
How can I hold a sample with out a hold function thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Even a piano note does not sustain forever. What you need is a sostenuto pedal to single out and hold a single note or chord. Look for some kind of loop function in the Sample import software you are using and pay attention to the loop points.

Reaction score
Electro 6 I can play/loop a sample designated to one note with my sustain pedal but that also sustains the rest of the keys.
How can I hold a sample with out a hold function thanks.
If it's your only sample sound, and you want it to sustain without sustaining your organ or piano sounds, just make sure the SUSTPED buttons in your organ and piano sections are disabled (i.e. so that the only section with SUSTPED enabled is the Sample Synth section).

If you want to hold just the one note of your sampled sound while being able to play other notes of the same sample/synth section without having them sustain, you could use the old trick of placing a matchbook between the keys to stop the key from coming back up. (Keith Emerson used to use a knife, but you may not have his flair for the dramatic!)

Ask a Question