How do you send aux out data on the casio CDP-s360 and still play through the internal speakers

Reaction score
I bought a casio s360 thinking it would be perfect for live looping performance/busking. Here is an image of the setup I am trying to achieve
1711854094654.png

Here is the problem, when I have a wire connected to Line Out, the keyboard will no longer use its internal speakers. Even is something is coming back on line in.

Is there a setting I can use to manually enable/disable the on board speakers?

Is there a special cord I could use to get aux data out but not inform the keyboard that "headphones" are plugged in?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You would have to open it up and modify the output jack. Warranty: voided.

Attempt at your own risk.

Reaction score
Yeah, a modified jack is probably the only way to do it. Higher end boards have separate line outputs (i.e. 1/4") which are always active regardless of whether headphones are connected, and there are even some boards with only headphone outputs that have a control to alter whether or not sound still comes out of the speakers when headphones are connected (though that's the exception rather than the rule)... unfortunately, the CDP-S360 appears to fall into neither category. Any chance it's new enough that you can return it and select a different model?

Reaction score
It is new enough that I could return it. Any suggestions? I was drawn to this keyboard because it could be battery powered and all of the sounds. Anything that checks these boxes and also doesn't kill the golden goose when in comes to aux out?

Another option is to keep the keyboard and lug around an amp :(

Reaction score
Yes, there are a number of battery powered boards with speakers that have audio jacks that let you get the sound out of the board without disabling the speakers. But looking again at your OP, I think you may have a different issue here... it looks like you're creating an "endless loop" of sending the sound out of the keyboard and then ultimately back into the keyboard, where it will again come out of the keyboard and then back into the keyboard again, ad infinitum.

Reaction score
Your right. What i was hoping for when I created this setup was that when aux out was plugged in. The aux data would only come out the wire. When data came in on aux in, it would play that information to the speakers and not forward it back to aux out.

Ask a Question