Looking for a key bed for Kurzweil K2600XS

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a full keybed (88 keys) for a K2600XS keyboard? I recently purchase a used K2600XS and am wanting to replace the whole keybed assembly (i.e. keys, weight assembly, etc.). I've looked online in Ebay and reverb.com but am coming up empty. Anyone have the 88 keys keybed they want to sell?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply- not sure what you mean? How would I add it to the K2600 and access it's sounds? Forgive my ignorance but am fairly new to the synth keyboard world.

Sunny

Reaction score
Assuming your Kurzweil has a standard MIDI socket arrangement it would be the case of plugging in say a Studiologic SL 88 Grand MIDI controller and using the keyboard on the SL to play the sounds on the Kurzweil.

It should be the case of simply changing a setting in the Kurzweil menu system for it to see the attached MIDI controller keyboard.

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a full keybed (88 keys) for a K2600XS keyboard? I recently purchase a used K2600XS and am wanting to replace the whole keybed assembly (i.e. keys, weight assembly, etc.). I've looked online in Ebay and reverb.com but am coming up empty. Anyone have the 88 keys keybed they want to sell?
Try Sam Mims at Syntaur. It won't be cheap (i.e. inexpensive).

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip - I already have asked him with no luck.
Another thought, I was just trying to check the Kurzweil site to see exactly what keybed was used on the K2600XS but the kurzweil site right now appears to have server issues and is down. Contact Jean at Kurzweil ((e-mail address removed)) and ask him the company and model of the keybed. It could have been a Fatar keybed and perhaps there is a replacement you could purchase directly from Fatar; also ask him what would be an 'equivalent" keybed that you could drop into the K2600XS. I would also ping Dave Weiser. Dave is an ex-Kurzweil tech (worked in R&D) and probably knows the info off the top of his head. He can be reached here:

Reaction score
You need Fatars TP/10 MDF
Tijay

Ask a Question