New set-up for wife. Help me!

Reaction score
On the CDP-230, the "Audio In" jack is a _line-level_ 1/8" stereo jack.

. .. So you can't plug a mic in -- you need a preamp to boost the mic output to line-level.

The "Mic/Sample" input will take a microphone, but there's nothing in the manual that suggests that, in normal operation, the Mic/Sample input will be amplified, and mixed with the piano sound in the loudspeaker or headphone output.

. . . That jack seems to be devoted to getting audio input into _stored_ sample(s), for re-play from the keyboard. (I may be mis-reading,
. . . but the only reference to that jack is in the "sampling" section of the manual.)

Using a mic preamp, and putting the preamp output into the "Audio In" jack, _will_ mix it with the piano output:

. . . but you still have to get the signal into the laptop for recording, so (somewhere) there must be an analog-to-USB converter (whether it's a "soundcard" or "audio interface").

I'll vote for a mixer, which includes (for the "8-channel" mixers) two mic preamps, and a stereo analog-to-USB converter to feed the laptop.

. Charles

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yero hasn't replied since my little rant.

Perhaps now he's taken my advice and ditched the nerd brigade. :)

Ask a Question