Oxygen Pro auto mapping with Hybrid3 & Xbandi2

Reaction score
Hello,

Oxygen Pro auto mapping with Hybrid3 & Xbandi2 what l should it do?

I am able to change the instruments by scrolling in those VST, but what more can you do?

Anyone with indeepth knowledge?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think you should be able to program the controls on the Oxygen Pro to send the necessary messages for selecting a specific program in the VST, or map the controls to manipulate the virtual controls of the VST.

Often a VST will have a text file in its installation folder, or an actual printed manual, that includes a list of the various MIDI messages that it is programmed to respond to. That should give you a better idea of how much you should be able to control a particular VST via MIDI.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Also, each VST will often have its own version of an automapping function to help people with different brands of controllers map the controls to the VST's functions. Note that the controls on a controller often fall into two broad categories-- controllers for playing sounds or changing the sound controls in the VST, and controllers for mapping to the more "operational" or system controls and functions of a DAW or VST (such as "Record" or "Play" or "Scroll down," etc.). I think the latter type are often called "transport controls."

Anyway, it should be possible to program the controls on the M-Audio to send Bank Select and Program Change messages to the VST for selecting specific "programs" or patches in the VST without scrolling through them and selecting manually, but you'll need to refer to the VST's documentation to see what values to use.

Reaction score
Yes I just sent email to the Air Music Technology (Xbandi2,Hybrid3) support so they can send me the "codes".

Thank you for explaining, this give me understanding, I never done this before.

Reaction score
Solution was easier than I thought.
Right click on the specific buttons or slider will make you to be able to learn a new pattern in the "CC". Then push the button or move the slide and its programmed.

Thanks

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
You're welcome! But you may still wish to check the VST's documentation for any information on how to select specific presets or "patches" using Bank Select and Program Change messages, then check the controller's manual for instructions on how to program the controls to transmit those messages, so you can select the specific sounds you want to play with by pressing a button on the controller rather than in the VST's GUI.

Ask a Question